Burgundy

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

jsb

Burgundy

Message par jsb »

Hi all out there,

I live in Burgundy Dept 71 and have a Chim 500 that I have done a nut and bolt reno on and is is rolling chassis form at the moment with engine going back together next week. Anybody needing help out there give me a shout. At 27,000 my original cam was shot and they never make 40,000 so look out. I am doing a full engine rebiuld with the help of RPI. With this I will have a better output and reliability for touring.
Having pulled the thing apart I have learnt a lot so help is on offer. Trying for hormoligation but hitting all the problems of everybody in the past.
Beck
Voiture(s) : Bmw E36 325i Cab / ex-chim 400

Re: Burgundy

Message par Beck »

Welcome aboard and good luck for rebuilt and homologation !!
Topic de ma Chimaera 400

TVR Chimaera 400 :Image Porsche Cayenne S V8 4.5: Image Audi A4 : Image
enzo94
Voiture(s) : TVR S2 1990 Rouge

Message par enzo94 »

Welcome :wave:

What year is your TVR ?

Good luck for the rebuild :cheers:
vincent_

Message par vincent_ »

Hi,

I am about to do the same job on the same car (98 Chimaera 500) at the end of the year (I need to finish my MGB first !).
Do you have some documentation for dismantling and rebuilding the engine ? If you have some I would be very interested.

My engine has covered 70,000 miles and needs a bit of work (lots of leaks ...) but it's in quite good condition. Camshaft and rockers were changed 4years and 30,000 miles ago.

Cheers
jsb

Message par jsb »

:wink: Back on line for any help. Have done a nut and bolt on a Chim 500 so I know all the problems.
Répondre