1600m fitting windscreen and rear window

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

Alan.B

1600m fitting windscreen and rear window

Message par Alan.B »

hi everyone
my 1600m will have a new headlining fitted soon. After that the windscreen will need to be fitted and rear window. I see on the "m" fix it website that they are not fitted as normal cars. That's to say the rubber seals are fitted to the body appetures first, then with the glass pressed on the seals the lip is slipped over the glass into place. They are not fitted as normal with a cord. After the locking strip is fitted as normal.
The question is have any of you done it this way or do you insist on the normal method with a cord!!!!!!
Alan B
Alan
britmk4

Re: 1600m fitting windscreen and rear window

Message par britmk4 »

Hi Alan,
I have changed them normally with a cord on my prévious vixen, with soapy water and a mini tool for the locking strip ( also my rear was in perpex more easy to fit??), but Chicot29 had some problems with the same seals when I saw him just after the paint, I try to find the post on the forum!
Alan.B

Re: 1600m fitting windscreen and rear window

Message par Alan.B »

hi Chris,
the rear Window is a heated glass and i think it is the original one, so i think it is fragile and expensive. I will check the date marked on the glass. I know that the side windows were made in 1973 and Quarterlights in 1974, so they are the original ones (saved from the TVR stock after the Factory fire, i imagine).
Will you still meet Wilfied in Sept or not.
Could you send me an E-mail as i have lost your E-mail address <[email protected]>
See you in Sept maybe
Alan
Alan
Répondre