How much to sell for

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

D Don

How much to sell for

Message par D Don »

Hello from a newby
Possibly maybe thinking about selling my 1972 m.
I brought the car to france thinking i would get round to getting it back on the road but still havnt the time or the money to do it( ive had the car for at least 10 years)
The car just needs painting and putting back together My question is how much is it worth in france?
paddy56
Voiture(s) : Griffith 500 - 97

Re: How much to sell for

Message par paddy56 »

Hello.
Difficult to say without seeing the car.
Basicly, the price shouldn't be really different from in UK for a similar project.
The fact the car is already in France is a plus for easing the sale.
D Don

Message par D Don »

Thanks for the reply Paddy,I cant make my mind up what to do with it!
I thought it might be slightly higher priced in France because of availabilty and everything to do cars here is so exspensive!
paddy56

Message par paddy56 »

Normally yes, but here ... no !
I mean, first thing the guys will look at is the price. If this price is higher ( more than 400 € ) than in UK, they will probably prefer to cross the channel with a trailer, regardless to the extra cost for ferry.
You could possibly expect an higher price only for nice ready to go car, with french registration.
D Don

Message par D Don »

Hi paddy,ive noticed there a 2500 m for sale on ebay for offers around 3500 im sure mine is in better condtion than this but they recon the one on ebay was used at a car show .Ive lost touch now with the classic car market in england! does this sound about right for the barn find on ebay?it does look ropey
paddy56

Message par paddy56 »

Hey Don.

Is that the blue one ?
Ouch ! The price is in GBP. That makes some 4400 EUR !
Looks far too much regarding to the job to be done, and the maximal value ( 12 / 13000 € ? )
If yours is in better condition, she might pretend the same price ( ? )
Alan.B

Message par Alan.B »

hi Don,
where do you live in France as it could make a difference. Also is your car a 1600 M or is it a different model.
Let's have some photos and details. At the moment your description is very vague
Alan B
Alan
D Don

Message par D Don »

Hi paddy/john yes it is the blue one!
I live near perrier dept 50 as to the pics of my 'car' leave it with me im not very good with the tech side of things and im using a mobile phone!!!'??????
D Don

Message par D Don »

The car had its body off and the chassis welded up ,new bushes, st exhaust,new front spax dampers,new discs,drums skimmed,still working on getting a picture up!