Buy a TVR Tuscan

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

inscape

Buy a TVR Tuscan

Message par inscape »

Hello to every one,
My name is Marco, I'm an italian who work in france in Aix En Provence since one year. I'm new in this section and i write there becouse i have the intention to buy a TVR Tuscan in Netherlands and import here in France. I'm not really confindent with the France administration, i would like to know if the homologation of a TVR Tuscan in France is complicated or not. Any advice or help from you will be really appretiated.
I thank you in advance.
tanuki
Voiture(s) : Chim400,Caterham,Scimitar SE5&SE6,Anglia,IS200

Re: Buy a TVR Tuscan

Message par tanuki »

Welcome Marco to the madhouse :wink:

There is a whole section of the forum related to importing foreign TVRs to France
-> viewforum.php?f=31

NB. in order to have access to this section you should edit your user profile (panneau utilisateur)
and ask to join the group named 'importation' under the section 'Groupes d'utilisateurs'.

You will find various threads related to the joy and/or frustration of importing foreign cars :roll:
One of the forum members (pose) had posted the following thread concerning his Tuscan:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3693

Almost all posts are in french of course ... but if you are italian, living in France, that should
not be a problem :lol: If you prefer to communicate in english, I may give a hand with translation,
let me know :wink: Unfortunately I do not have first hand experience on the matter - I was lucky
that I could purchase a french-registered Chimaera, thus did not have to go through all the
paperwork and stress - but no doubt that you will soon get some feedback from the guys who
have imported their cars ... Tuscan is not the easiest one I guess :oops:

Maybe you could try to contact 'pose' ... I believe he succeeded in the end (?)

Cheers,
Fred
Chim 400 '96,Caterham SV120 '10,Anglia '61,Scimitar SE5 '71,Scimitar SE6a '79,Lexus IS200 '04
auparavant: Mitsubishi Celeste '77,Alfetta Quadrifoglio '85,Nissan Maxima '95
TVRCC / RSSOC / Sevener / English RenCARt / Vincennes en Anciennes
tanuki
Voiture(s) : Chim400,Caterham,Scimitar SE5&SE6,Anglia,IS200

Message par tanuki »

Marco,

There is also this other thread under the 'Tuscan' section - this was obvious :oops: -
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=831

Your case again is different since the car is coming from Netherlands (unless it is still on UK plate?)
but there must be a lot in common !

Good luck :wink:
Fred
Chim 400 '96,Caterham SV120 '10,Anglia '61,Scimitar SE5 '71,Scimitar SE6a '79,Lexus IS200 '04
auparavant: Mitsubishi Celeste '77,Alfetta Quadrifoglio '85,Nissan Maxima '95
TVRCC / RSSOC / Sevener / English RenCARt / Vincennes en Anciennes
inscape

Message par inscape »

Hello Tanuki,
Thank you very much for your kindly welcome and for your promnt responce. Unfortunatly my french is not very good due to the fact that i work for an international nuclear project (ITER) where the offciall lenguage is English and i really have few time to practice french. Anyway i'll start to follow your first advice and i'll go to take a look to the properly section.

I spoke about Netherlands becouse i found a good offer, but nothing can exlude that i can take it fron england or germany. I just started with the idea that i'll buy a TVR Tuscan. In the meanwhile i m also looking for a garage who can make mechanial assistence for TVR cars quite near Aix en Provence or Marseille and i found this place:

http://www.theenglishcarmechanics.com/

I'm also looking some assurance company who can insure this type of car (any help will be usefull)

Thank you very much.
GlynMo
Voiture(s) : Griff 500, MGA, Westfield Megabusa, Subaru Legacy

Message par GlynMo »

inscape a écrit : I'm also looking some assurance company who can insure this type of car (any help will be usefull)
Thank you very much.
Hi, my Griffith is insured through Asstral (http://www.englishdesk-asttral.com/), who are brokers not a company. There is an advantage for you as Nick Chubb speaks (and is) English.

Good luck with your quest!
Répondre