Hi all - Another Cerbera makes it to France

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

BB33
Voiture(s) : Cerbera 4.5 (2002)

Hi all - Another Cerbera makes it to France

Message par BB33 »

I'd be delighted to hear from anyone (not just English of course!) who has a TVR within vague reach of the Gironde (La Reole area) who would fancy meeting up sometime.
I bought a 2002 Cerbera 4.5 at the end of the summer last year ager an 11 year gap of not owning a TVR (we sold our V8S when we moved permanently to France 11 years ago) and finally the 11 year itch has been addressed.
I'm particularly interested in taking part in track days and have joined up as part of Nogaro's club (even though I've never seen the track!) and am looking forward to my first track day there on 25th Jan 2015.
Not really sure what else to say as I'm not much accustomed to this blog stuff, but please do introduce yourselves and it would be nice to meet some of you (and your TVR's) one day in the future.
Regards,
John.
GlynMo
Voiture(s) : Griff 500, MGA, Westfield Megabusa, Subaru Legacy

Re: Hi all - Another Cerbera makes it to France

Message par GlynMo »

Hi John,
I'm about 4.5 - 5 hours away from Nagaro so unlikely to see you there. However, if you're ever tempted east, to do a trackday at either Pole Mecanique, Ales (not for a few months as it's being redeveloped) or Ledenon, I could well be tempted.
Enjoy the Cerb!
Glyn
BB33

Message par BB33 »

Hi Glyn,
Nice to hear from you. I miss the sound of the wonderful Rover V8 burble, so indeed it would be great to meet up sometime. It's not inconceivable that we could venture towards dept 30 in the summer, so will let you know.
I've not heard of Pole Mecanique or Ledenon, but if they are tracks of decent size then I'm all ears!
GlynMo
Voiture(s) : Griff 500, MGA, Westfield Megabusa, Subaru Legacy

Message par GlynMo »

Pole Mecanique http://www.pole-mecanique.fr/portal/por ... ts/vitesse is an interesting circuit, but it's closed for a few months as they are working on it, including making it reversible! I've only been to Ledenon http://www.ledenon.com/piste1.html once, but it's terrific. Many elevation changes and 2 rises that look very similar, but one is followed by a quick right corner leading downhill whereas the other is followed by a slow left-hander. It pays to concentrate! I don't usually take the Griff, I've got a bike-engined Westfield for TDs, but I need to repair the gearbox so the Griff may get an outing this year unless I get my ar$e in gear.

Stay in touch!
frog
Voiture(s) : Cerbera 4.5, R.Rover Sport 4.2 V8, Mitsu. Pajero

Message par frog »

Hi BB33, I've recently moved to France after 23 years in the UK (I was born in France) and have brought my 4.5 Cerbera with me too :)

I'm not too close to you seeing that I am in Normandy, but this is temporary and we will move further south, thinking Centre (bourges) region, but not 100% set.

The Cerb in France is great, rare, gets you looks everywhere you go and many people asking questions.

Greg
ATTENTION! Piloter une TVR peut créer exaltation,palpitations,essoufflement,flux sanguin augmenté et même une perte de contrôle de la vessie. Il est possible que votre égo se gonfle et que le sexe opposé trouve le pilote plus attrayant. Les Edgar (trad.)
BB33

Message par BB33 »

Do let me know if you venture in to the Gironde with your Cerbie at any time Frog.
frog
Voiture(s) : Cerbera 4.5, R.Rover Sport 4.2 V8, Mitsu. Pajero

Message par frog »

And you Normandie :)
ATTENTION! Piloter une TVR peut créer exaltation,palpitations,essoufflement,flux sanguin augmenté et même une perte de contrôle de la vessie. Il est possible que votre égo se gonfle et que le sexe opposé trouve le pilote plus attrayant. Les Edgar (trad.)
reb266
Voiture(s) : Pajero 2003, Chimera 500 et wedgei, Dallas et 2RR

Message par reb266 »

I'm living between you at Laval .We can meet together at my home whith great pleasure
Beetle juice, beetle juice........mais jamais trois fois
BB33

Message par BB33 »

If I'm travelling north I'll definitely pop in Beetlejuice.
I did a Nogaro track day this weekend just gone by. At first I wasn't so sure about the track (the thick fog and 2 degrees C didn't help!) however by the mod afternoon I was loving it. I was certainly not the fastest in my group but the Cerbie felt great and not once did it bite back uncontrollably - just felt perfectly balanced (albeit that I probably could have been pushing it a bit more).
A thoroughly good day - I would definitely recommend it to other TVR drivers.
Répondre