Importing and Registering S2

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

Steve778

Importing and Registering S2

Message par Steve778 »

New to Site Introduction

Hi, new to this site having just registered to the TVR Club France. Not quite in France as yet, but should be completing on a house purchase in the Dordogne within the next month. On relocating I want to bring over my 1988 S2 2.9L which I have had for the last 14 years and register it in France. I have been looking online as to what is required and not really any the wiser. Have requested a CoC from TVR Heritage, and they state that the 'S' is not E11 compliant but they won't tell me what is required to fix this until I stump up £300 for the CoC. I have read about the FFVE, but understand now that can only be used for vehicles over 30 years old. Any help, advise, guidance and personal experience tips would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Alan.B

Re: Importing and Registering S2

Message par Alan.B »

keep car on UK address until it is 30 years old then put on "carte grise collection"
Alan
Alan
gilles37
Voiture(s) : Cerbera 4.5, FJ1200 et Saab Aero pour le boulot

Message par gilles37 »

Exactly, wait 30 years old and after contact FFVE, to get 'carte grise collection"
:D Vers l'infini et..............au Bac à Graviers :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK2hh9 ... 2wo5ueU88w
Steve778

Message par Steve778 »

Alan.B a écrit :keep car on UK address until it is 30 years old then put on "carte grise collection"
Alan

Thanks for this information. Have to ask though; Is that the simplest way to achieve French Registration or the ONLY way I can do it?

If so, does anyone know of an insurance company that will allow me to drive in Europe all year long. Admiral will only give me 90 Days and although Saga does do unlimited time in mainland Europe I'm not old enough to go with them.
Alan.B

Message par Alan.B »

Is that 90 days consecutive or 90 days with dates and accumulated :wink: Who says what dates the car is in France or England :wink:
Alan
Alan
Steve778

Message par Steve778 »

Alan.B a écrit :Is that 90 days consecutive or 90 days with dates and accumulated :wink: Who says what dates the car is in France or England :wink:
Alan
Thanks Alan. I spoke with Admiral the other day, as I am driving over with another car, I can have 90 Days in total either in one block or split, so need to tell them when the vehicle is out of the UK. If I want additional time they will give me up to 12 weeks, but will be charged extra weekly. I have a quote from a French insurer for the S2 but that is on the provision I complete French Registration within 3 Months. So in effect I can get 6 months to register it. 90 Days with the UK insurer, export and 3 months with the French Insurer.

Steve
Alan.B

Message par Alan.B »

hi Steve,
that sounds good news. 6 months in total = summer then the car will be in garage in UK over Winter :wink:
Alan
Alan
Répondre