Registering a Chimaera 450 in France

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

Chimaera450
Voiture(s) : Chimaera 450 BMW M3

Registering a Chimaera 450 in France

Message par Chimaera450 »

Hi all,

I see a few posts on registering TVRs in France but not one on the Chimaera. Anyone know if this is possible, as I see the TVR website has a section offering C.O.C certificates which should help, but do they contain the correct information ( ''e' type number). Has anyone done it successfully?

Thanks...
Thunderbolt
Voiture(s) : Chimaera 400 / Jaguar XJ6 S3

Re: Registering a Chimaera 450 in France

Message par Thunderbolt »

Most of french Chimaera came from UK and are RHD ones, so there's no particular problem to registrate them, despite restrictive nowadays laws!

It's much more easier if you get the E11... type number, otherwise your car have to be inspected (at the regional Drire). If that way fail, you can ask to Univers Motors (near Cambrai) to register your car for you, but it costs some money.
Chimaera450
Voiture(s) : Chimaera 450 BMW M3

Message par Chimaera450 »

Thanks Thunderbolt..My Chimaera is from the Uk and has the e11 number on the car identification plate .. Do I still need the C.O.C. certificate from TVR?

thanks..
pdi
Voiture(s) : Tuscan 4.0 LHD

Message par pdi »

If You have the E11, you don't need it and your supposed to do it normally like any other car
Le diesel, il ne passera pas par moi
Répondre