Problem with TVR in Dordogne region

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

RedSpike66

Problem with TVR in Dordogne region

Message par RedSpike66 »

Hi All,

New member living in Dordogne region with my TVR Sagaris. Engine running issues... mis-fire, over fuelling, won't idle, exhaust cans are black with soot This is a well looked after TVR serviced before I brought it out in December approx 1,000 miles ago. Problems started with a failing alternator which has been replaced and delivers 13.8-13.9 volts but engine is not running well and constantly stalls.

Replaced spark plugs and coil pack on suggestion of reputable UK TVR garage.

Need to get the car to someone who knows what they are doing and has diagnostics.

Please can yio help me and suggest TVR-skilled mechanics anywhere near me?

Many Thanks,
Mike
_Zeb_
Voiture(s) : Chim. 400 & Scimitar 73 :-), 508RXH, Prius+ :-(

Re: Problem with TVR in Dordogne region

Message par _Zeb_ »

Hi,
Do not hesitate to do a quick presentation of yourself and your Sagaris.
We have a member of the club owing a T350 in Angoulême, I have no idea if he is doing everything by himself or going through a garage.
I can ask him if you want (not sure he is on the forum).
RedSpike66

Message par RedSpike66 »

HI
Thanks for the reply.

I shall do I presentation yes with some photos... I've joined the Forum, and I am. a member of TVR Car Club (UK) - I presume I need to join TVR Car Club France???

Looking forward to being able to attend some events and meets new TVR french and english freinds !

If you wouldn't mind asking your friend I would be most grateful

I gather there is a TVR ''Heritage' dealer at Toulouse but I doubt th ecar would make it !!!

Thanks
Mike
Devill206

Message par Devill206 »

Good evening. I would sugest to check your lambdas sensors and the wire. And your wire on the injectors. Wire are very thin and break with the heat. Failing lambdas can be check with mbe tool program.
Barney

Message par Barney »

Appreciate that is is somewhat out of date, but I have found Seventies Auto at Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche, just over the border in Haute-Vienne. Awesome!
Répondre