TVR S2 carte Gris / CV rating

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

Jonnytvr
Voiture(s) : TVR S2, Mitsubishi L200

TVR S2 carte Gris / CV rating

Message par Jonnytvr »

Hi guys!!

Any one got a TVR S2 on French plates??? I need to find out what the CV rating is so I can get it insured its a new requirement 2013! Does anybody have any Info on registering it here as well?
enzo94
Voiture(s) : TVR S2 1990 Rouge

Re: TVR S2 carte Gris / CV rating

Message par enzo94 »

Hello (sorry for my english that is not very good),

I have a TVR S2 with French plates. The CV (puissance fiscale) of a TVR S2 is 14CV I think (I'll confirm this tonight). Do not forget that as your S2 has over 10 years the CV is divided by 2.

If you want to register your S2 in France, it is possible easily. You must contact your DREAL of your region and check with them on the phone that your S2 is eligible for a "attestation d'identification". This requires that you give them the VIN. The S2 had two different VINs:
- SDLDS29P ....
- SDLDSN2P ....

The 2 types Mine (presumably) have been approved in France. So no problem getting a "attestation d'identification".

If it's OK, you ask them to send you a "demande d'attestation d'identification d'un véhicule conforme à un type national". Checked with them the documents to provide in addition to the "demande d'attestation d'identification" filled. It will be the V5, technical inspection (so you have to do it) and a photo of the identification plate in the engine compartment on which the VIN is. You also need a check for about 70€

You fill the "demande d'attestation d'identification" and you return all to the DREAL. Few weeks later they will send you the "attestation d'identification".

You have also to get the "quitus fiscal". This is a paper that allows to say that the car is a regular tax purposes (all taxes have been paid). Contact your prefecture and they will tell you exactly where you can get this paper which costs between 60 € and 70 €.

With "attestation d'identification", technical inspection, "quitus fiscal" and all the others papers required for a registration in France, you will be able to make the "carte grise" in your prefecture.
Répondre