Moving to France with my TVR in July 2022

You are an english-speaking person, you want to communicate with french TVR enthousiast, leave a message on the board...

Barney

Moving to France with my TVR in July 2022

Message par Barney »

I have recently joined the group here and was wondering if anyone can provide any specific tips to make the registration of my Chimaera (1996) any less onerous than it seems at the moment.

I know the procedure, and have the list of all the things I need, and fortunately my daughter lives in Haute-Vienne and speaks the language fluently. However she has a full time job and will be busy during the working day. I would describe my French as good conversational for now but not perfect by any means.

I'll be arriving 5 or 6 July 2022 with a very recent service, a brand new UK MoT test certificate, the full V8 Engineering ECU unit modification and with headlamp lenses for driving on the French side of the road in the car.

We complete our house purchase just outside St-Yrieix-la-Perche on 8 July.

I'm also looking for the right insurance provider, please, bearing in mind that I will be using the car for both personal and business purposes, (I am a commercial photographer and will have an entrepreneur visa), and will need, for that reason, a fairly flexible mileage limitation on the insurance. Recommendations would be very much appreciated please.

Finally any recommendations for regular servicing and maintencence in the southern half of Haute-Vienne or neighbouring departments would be very much appreciated please as well.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting some of you in due course.
plasticpig1972

Re: Moving to France with my TVR in July 2022

Message par plasticpig1972 »

Hi Barney,
Bring lots of spares for your TVR with you as stowaways non delared. Since the Brexit Customs rip you off around 40%.
Alan
Barney

Re: Moving to France with my TVR in July 2022

Message par Barney »

plasticpig1972 thank you
Répondre